Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! The Vancouver Latin American Cultural Centre (VLACC) is looking for someone who is eager to put into practice their social media knowledge and wants to get involved with the Latin American community in Vancouver. Please visit our website and learn more about our organization and programs before applying: www.vlacc.ca
The Social Media Planner will work to increase VLACC’s online brand awareness in order to attract, engage and inspire existing and new followers and/or potential members and sponsors year-round. This volunteer works closely with VLACC’s Marketing & Communications Committee’s Chair to plan and create engaging content for VLACC’s social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and mandate-focused and seeking out innovative ways of connecting with our audiences.
This is a 4-6-hour/week virtual (online) position. An extra 1-2 hours a week might be required to attend VLACC’s events or extra meetings (on Zoom). We require a minimum of 4 months’ commitment renewable for another term.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Marketing student or recent graduate
- Prior experience in social media management is preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Google Drive suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Passion for Latin American arts and culture
- Experience working with Asana, or other project management tools, is an asset
- Takes direction well, but can also take initiative and seek out opportunities.
- Access to a computer and reliable internet connection
English, fluent (written & spoken) (Required)
Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset
Duties and Deliverables
- Participates in weekly meetings with the Marketing team
- In coordination with the team, works to develop content that aligns with VLACC’s mandate, engages and grows our audiences on social media platforms including Linkedin, Instagram and Facebook.
- Coordinates with the Marketing team and Social Media Assistant in the execution of marketing initiatives and editorial calendar
- Writes well-researched and engaging copy, on-brand and aligned with VLACC’s mandate
- Assist the Content Creators to be brand guardians by ensuring all publicized work is on-brand (accurate assets such as logos, colour, typeface), and reflects VLAACC’s mandate in an authentic and positive light
Location Vancouver, BC
Please note that this is a remote, non-paid volunteer position.
Please apply by email. Send your resumé and cover letter to our Executive Director, Lili Vieira de Carvalho, at email@example.com